5.14.24

I've got nothing smart to say today. Nothing exciting to report, just the facts. Today's high will be 71 degrees and the low will be 58 degrees. There's a 20% chance of precipitation, 66% humidity, and the wind speeds are up to 12 mph. This means it's hot, but also kind of cold. I'd recommend bringing a light jacket since the wind makes being in the shade significantly cooler than standing in the sun. Just a light jacket though, because restaurants and stores have a 50/50 chance of still having the heat on. 

I've started talking to my neighbors. They took a shoe rack we accidentally left downstairs. They returned it yesterday with a monstera as a gift. I've started talking to the man who owns the smoothie shop around the corner. His name is Tony and he commutes everyday from Jersey. The shop has been open a year and half, so he's been in the neighborhood for as long as I have. I've started talking to the woman at the grocery store. I don't know her name. I've started talking to everybody. Suddenly, it's like I have so much to say. 

M and I have been writing each other letters. Everything he says is so simple and loving. He ended the last letter with: "Always remember who you are." 

H told me a few weeks ago that everybody you meet is like a mirror, reflecting who you are at that time. Most people I've shared this with disagree. Yesterday P told me that something seemed to be calling me to Florida, that someone needed me there. So I called L. Tickets to Miami, round trip, average $381 right now. L said she'd split the ticket. I said no. L said it'd be so much more fun if we did. Last night she left a voicemail crying. She'd just left a man. She wants kids, he doesn't. Why do we love? She said. Because it's so beautiful, so beautiful. 

When I ran my race, T asked me where the finish line was so he could meet me there. The race was in a loop. We begin and end at the same place, I told him. The beginning is the end and the end is the beginning. This isn't a metaphor, I said. It's just the facts. 

Comments

Popular Posts