10.31.22
Please forgive the longing that brought me here. This breath quickening with something. Might I press my hands up against my life and laugh with my entire body. This kind of carelessness I am trying to distill into words. What I mean to say is I want to be close to you. What I mean to say when I talk about the mountain is that it is a part of you. The mountain and all its stones, which are its children. In the morning they face the rising sun like open palms trying to catch something. This time going home I felt something thawing inside of me. I cupped my hands under the dripping water of my childhood and tried to drink from it. I turned to my friend of 15 years. I told her I thought I'd never see the end of that story. There were tears in her eyes and I knew some part of her was melting too.
Comments
Post a Comment