3.12.26
I finished reading Dalva again just now. This morning, it hailed, then it snowed, just for twenty minutes or so. I thought about writing, about art, about being witness to the passing of time, and also the commitment I made years ago about wanting to work that allowed me to really be a participant in the world. Every time I finish a Jim Harrison book, I think in his language for weeks. I've been writing for so long, trying to find a sense of my own language, how to announce myself to the world, a syntax that can only arise from my body...The weather is cool now, as if I was standing in the shade of a great tree. Before writing this I spoke to some friends about the future and what I could do next in terms of a "job". I had the fear for a moment that maybe there isn't enough of me for all I want to do in this life.
Comments
Post a Comment