4.21.25
Forgive me. I might not have what it takes to be a poet. I only have one heart, and in it, space to truly love only one person at a time, including myself. I have been asking for a blessing, one that's mine alone. Everybody I touch is searching also. Their beauty is not lost on me. In a past life and in this one, I have felt both fear and awe living among them. Yesterday night, I asked you to take it away, the memory of the thing I wanted so badly it hurt. I knew without it, I would wake up half a person.
In the morning, I still woke up whole. My dream last night ended with my mother shouting for me. I opened my eyes because I was sure I really heard her this time. The problem with me is that in the morning, I remember that I love the sun. I love her gentle hand on my face. I want to live.
Comments
Post a Comment