7.10.25
Imagine there's nothing in the world. Meet me there. People part like droplets of rain. All the while, the wind blows. The children of war carry war inside them. Imagine there's only that in the world. The knowing, like parting. I won't lie and say I don't want something I do. I won't lie and say I'll want it forever. Yes, this is about you. You were supposed to meet me on the other side of the door. I heard your voice calling. The dirt is red, green, brown, yellow. The ocean is green, brown, grey, blue. You were the color of touch. How can we part if we've never met? That last night, I touched the Earth very slowly. I remembered my first love. She took me to the train station and I got onto the train without her. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I couldn't go with her. I've done so many things to put distance between myself and the certainty of that knowing. I've loved so many others, including you. On the other side of the closing glass doors, I saw her looking in a different direction. I touched the Earth slowly and remembered her. There were tears in my eyes. Do you understand? Once love arrives, it never leaves you. There's a seat for you here, in my heart, next to war, parting, dirt, and every color in the world.
Comments
Post a Comment