3.16.25
I'm going to walk to get my tomatoes. I'm going to walk in the rain and the fog to get my tomatoes. I'm gong to make pasta. I'm going to say yes. I'm going to say no. I'm going to live another day. I'm going to hold myself with dignity in this country that says no to dignity. No to healthcare, no to roofs over everybody's head and food in everybody's stomach. I'm going to walk among all the other people who have loved and betrayed and forgiven everybody including themselves. I'm going to drink water. I'm going to pack my bags. I'm going to say what I mean. I'm going to say I miss you. I'm going to say Fuck I didn't mean that. I'm going to say I think about my mother a lot, and there was a T.V. show the other day that reminded me of her and how I'll never understand her. I'm sitting with her in the dark somewhere, as a child. How there was a time before me but somehow I am trapped in this time now. I'm going to say yes. I'm going to say no. I'm going to get on the ship. I was never off the ship. I'm going to wave and pretend. I'm going to admit that I'm going on this journey on my own. I'm going to walk to get my tomatoes. Through the rain and fog, I'm going to get my tomatoes.
Comments
Post a Comment