11.20.23

I was writing to you yes. I was writing to you, to speak about the mountain, which I had forgotten about, which was once again hidden, and seldomly again great. Together with multiple !! exclamation marks I walked in step with you through the forest on a mossy path. "If the only prayer you ever say in your life is thank you, that would be enough" (Meister Eckhart). Every step I took on that walk with you; thank, and then you. What a gift it is to know you and to walk slowly in the quiet with you. If that was the last walk, that would be enough. 

Talking to ___, he said of course this is not the time for poetry. Look at the world. Now look again. The river. The sea. The master's tools. The master's house. 

With words I reached through the poem and touched your face. With words I reached through the poem and planted a tree in you. And the poem reached back towards me and did the same. 

Comments

Popular Posts