3.27.23

There is the kind of writing that is about writing, about poetry, what it is, how it looks like, how it feels like in the body. It is about how to live, and of course, living is political. Poetry is political, how can it not be? But also to speak to life, to look deeply, means sometimes speaking directly. Your poetry is political, your life is political, as well as being personal. I've been asking myself if I can write something that is more than a summation of a personal life, that is more than my inside voice (which I've been condemned to for so long). 

And then yesterday, walking with ___ back from the reservoir. I asked him: 

What is the wind made of? 
I don't know. 
If nothing moved would the wind still blow? 
Not sure. 
Is the wind god turning over in his sleep? 
He must turn a lot in his sleep then. 
Maybe he can't sleep! 

Another one of our long, rambling walks. And then exhaustion folding over me like a glove. 

Comments

Popular Posts