9.27.22

Grief as mindfulness practice. In the grocery store, I saw something that I thought you might like. The world comes in and out of focus. I still haven't eaten breakfast but I've decided to be gentle with myself today. I think of the times when I've let go of what's in front of me to have the more that comes next.

Still. I'm not the person yet that I know I am. Every day I am meeting myself. 

It's a curious thing. I wrote a poem about breakfast, but it was about you. I wrote about appetite, knowing that mine grows every day. I walked outside, first slowly and then quickly and then slowly again. I'm stranger, larger than I thought. I did not know I contained so much goodness. (Walt Whitman) 

It's true we invited each other in but are sitting in different rooms. If you look outside, the sun is shining. If you walk outside, you might also feel its heat on your skin. 

Comments

Popular Posts