6.21.22

A: I'm sorry I haven't been writing.
Q: Who are you apologizing to? 
A: I was busy trying to find the place beyond words, where mercy is, where I don't have to describe anything anymore, beyond understanding. 
Q: The house where mercy lives? 
A: As a writer, I think I want words when I want surrender. 
Q: Do you mean prayer? 
A: It's not the prayer but the deliverance. It's not the wish but your knees bending with want. 

Q: Who are you speaking to?
A: I imagine I am speaking to anybody listening, but in reality it's more specific than that.
Q: Who are you trying to understand?
A: Understanding is what they tried to seek after they realized they were wrong. Love is beyond understanding. 

Q: I once tried to find where you were writing. Where did you go? 
A: I was writing that love was a solitary journey. You must go alone, knowing you are never alone. 
Q: Did somebody love you? 
A: I once thought love could be earned. Now I know there is no earning, no profit, no return. Love is free. 
Q: Did you fall asleep at the door of love? 
A: I did and the wind blowing from under the door shook me awake. 
Q: Did it fall asleep with its arms around you? 
A: I waited for love to sleep and then I sat on the couch across the room to watch love sleep in peace. 
Q: Why did you let me sleep? 

A: Sometimes life feels like a book I am rereading. All of then and now bound by the same thread. And then, this chapter here where I am tracing the words across the page as if I am trying to touch you through them.

A: The street corner where you held me. All the distance before and after. Might there be mercy, mercy, mercy. The weakness in my knees. The semblance of prayer. 


Comments

Popular Posts