2.23.22
1. I am a notebook where the names of the people I love are written down.
2. I loved the taste of salt first and then sugar later. Salt, the ocean. Sugar, a stranger's skin.
3. I walked down the hallway and called for you with every name I knew you by. There must be some names you kept from me. Maybe they were in a language I could not understand. Some of your names sound like my own.
4. There's a cherry tree outside this house, as there was an orange tree behind the last one. I will never forget when I learned that oranges, despite their resemblance to the sun, were winter fruit.
5. This morning I realized if I continued on this way, every house would be the house at the end of the world. It's not the house that matters. Or the world, which has ended anyways.
6. Read aloud from me.
7. This line, written over and over in my notebook: "Every sacrifice we make for others, we are making for ourselves." remember this - underlined multiple times.
Comments
Post a Comment